AWS re/Start is a full-time, skills development program that prepares individuals for an entry-level professional position in the cloud. Through real-world, scenario-based learning, hands-on labs, and coursework, learners gain the technical skills they need for junior cloud roles. AWS re/Start also focuses on building professional skills such as adaptive communication, time management, and collaboration. The program’s mission is to build a diverse pipeline of entry-level cloud talent.
- Working knowledge of operation systems like Linux, scripting, automation, programming languages and software lifecycles
- Understanding of networking concepts, protocols, security
- Knowledge of security fundamentals such as identity, authentication, authorization, AWS’ shared responsibility model and web access firewalls
- Fundamental understanding of databases concepts
- Application of core AWS services in the area of compute, storage and networking, including EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Lambda, Cloud Formation, RDS, and Route 53
- Understanding of professional information technology working environment, including communication skills, collaboration tools, project management, presentation skills, project reporting, behavioral attitude
Curriculum and Job Skills Information
The IT Fundamentals content is covered between Week 1 – Week 7. During this period, core IT areas for a Support / Operations Junior Engineer role such as Linux, Networking, Security, Python Programming and Databases are covered.
- Intro to IT
- Linux Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
- Security Fundamentals
- Intro to Programming
- Python Programming
- Databases Fundamentals
The AWS Cloud Fundamentals content is covered between Week 7 – Week 9. During this period, an introduction to AWS core services is provided to the student.
- Welcome to re/Start Cloud Foundations
- Cloud Concepts: What is Cloud Computing?
- Cloud Concepts: Cloud Economics
- Cloud Concepts: AWS Global Infrastructure
- AWS Core Services: Storage Services
- AWS Core Services: Amazon VPC
- AWS Core Services: Database Services
- AWS Core Services: Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch, Auto Scaling
- AWS Cloud Security
- Cloud Architecting
- Cloud Support Services
The Systems Operations on AWS content is covered between Week 9 – Week 12. During this period, the student dives deeper into the AWS services from an operational viewpoint.
- Cloud Operations
- Site Reliability
- Tier 1 Infrastructure Support